Domaine du Chardonnay was established in 1987 as a joint venture between three partners: Etienne Boileau, William Nahan, and Christian Simon. Initially, they farmed 11 ha of vines, alongside 80 ha of cereal crops, but by 1992 they had exited the cereal business to focus exclusively on wine production. Since those early days the vineyard has expanded to 34.5 ha and the winery, located by the Serein River in the town of Chablis, has been updated with the latest equipment. In 2019, all three of the founders retired and William’s son Arnaud Nahan took over the management of the business, while Thomas Labille joined as winemaker and equity partner. Thomas had previously worked with Domaine Laroche and in new hands, the wines are going from strength to strength. The approach to winemaking is directed towards producing classic, mineral, racy Chablis with freshness and purity. Stainless steel is used for the Petit Chablis and Chablis wines, whilst just a small percentage of older barrels is used for the elevage of the Chablis 1er Cru wines. The result is a range of very authentic wines showing refined aromatic purity and great typicality, with each wine clearly showing its terroir origins
- Region : Chablis
- Varietal : Chardonnay
- Alcohol : 13%
- Sight : Pale lemon with gold robe.
- Nose : Elegant and rich aromas of lemon, pears, mango, honeysuckle with hint of spice.
- Palate : Refreshing notes of tropical fruits and spice accompanied with mouthwatering acidity and savouriness.
- Finish : Powerful, refreshing and zesty.
- Specifics : Sustainable agriculture. Awards : 97pts – Decanter 90pts – Gilbert & Gaillard